COMPASSIONATE LISTENING IS PEACE IN ACTION
It is a direct connect to the heart where the deepest wisdom is found.
Building a Compassionate listening practice requires three components.
Benefits of these three components.
- More peace and joy.
- Get needs met.
- Healthy boundaries.
- Ability to get raw and real with self and others.
- Healthier relationships.
- Reduces negative self-talk
- Motivates to build new coping tools.
- Identifies areas that need healing.
- Starts the process of moving from victim to victor.
- Helps you to quit beating yourself up.
- Makes you aware of habits that don’t serve.
- Shows you where a habit or belief started and gives you an opportunity to see if it still fits with your life today, or if it needs to be changed.
- Gives understanding and compassion to areas of yourself you may have judged harshly.
- Offers an opportunity to remove guilt and shame.
- Reflection and contemplation increase self-knowledge which allows healing to occur.
- Raises toleration.
- Allows the virtues of patience, compassion, and love to flourish.
- Increases times of happiness, peace, and joy.
- Creates space for awareness to take priority.
- Gives you more energy to offer self and others.
Benefits of Self-Love
- Healthier coping skills
- Knowing love is strong not weak.
- Healthy boundaries.
- Healthy relationships.
- Relationships are transformed.
- Unhealthy relationships fall away on their own.
- Healthy relationships deepen.
- Intimacy and connection is felt by both parties.
- Create a daily practice.
- Work with a friend who will hold you accountable.
- Hire a Life Coach or Counselor to help you in each area.
- Join a group, or find a way to practice with others who are working on living authentically.
The above is from a program I facilitate – Mastering the Art of Compassionate Listening. It is my hope this handout will take your Compassionate Listening skills to the next level.
The goal of becoming a Master Compassionate Listener is to connect to self, and others on a deep level. Respect, understanding, and compassion are three qualities this type of listening increases.
Compassionate listening serves all relationships and increases the quality of your life.
Sandy Powers, Life Coach